The term “family law” includes a wide range of legal issues related to family and family structure. Many people believe it relates to divorce and adoption, but that is not everything.
Family law includes:
- Marriage, divorce and annulment (including same-sex marriage since 2015)
- This includes “prohibited marriage,” such as between blood or half-blood relatives, those with undissolved previous marriages, and parties under 18 who have not complied with the rules for gaining consent.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements drafted and signed by the couple
- Post-marital property division
- Establishment of paternity
- Child custody and support
- Enforcement of orders and related modifications
- Parenting plans
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse
- Protective and restraining orders
- Wills and estates
If you are faced with any one of these issues, it is time to contact a family law attorney in Yorktown, VA.
How A Family Law Attorney Can Help You
Family law issues are emotionally charged and become overwhelming with the legal aspect. From prenuptial agreements to post-divorce actions, family law issues can be taxing as well as difficult.
A family law attorney can help you through the case and ensure that your rights are protected throughout. She can act as a mediator and help you navigate difficult issues between family members, litigate contested matters, and ensure that you understand everything that is involved.
Hutchinson Law Center Focuses On Family Law
Family law issues are always emotional as well as difficult. Hope Hutchinson understands family law and the impact it has on every family. By focusing on family law issues, Hope stays abreast of the latest developments in Virginia’s ever-changing laws. She is committed to seeking the best possible outcome for her clients and their families.
If you are faced with a difficult situation, do not put it off—call the family law attorney in Yorktown, VA who understands and concentrates on family law. Call today at (757) 367-8888 or use our online contact form to make an appointment.